Monday December 4, 2023

Brooklyn Nets Land $30M Per Year Patch Deal

  • The Brooklyn Nets agreed to a multiyear jersey patch deal with Webull.
  • The deal is valued at roughly $30 million per year.
Brooklyn Nets/Design: Alex Brooks
Copy Link
Link Copied
Link Copied

The Brooklyn Nets agreed to a multiyear jersey patch placement with online trading platform Webull on Monday in a deal valued at roughly $30 million per year, according to CNBC. 

The Golden State Warriors previously held the largest per-year deal for a jersey patch, receiving $20 million each season from Japan-based e-commerce company Rakuten.

Last week, the Los Angeles Lakers inked a five-year jersey patch sponsorship worth more than $100 million with leading South Korean food brand Bibigo. 

Jersey patch deals have increased sponsorship in the NBA by 70% since the 2016-17 season and continue to be a hot commodity.

  • recently secured a jersey patch deal with the Philadelphia 76ers for roughly $10 million annually. 
  • Monumental Sports & Entertainment, which owns the Washington Wizards, is looking for a new jersey sponsor with an asking price of $12 million per year.

The Nets are owned by Alibaba co-founder Joseph Tsai, who purchased a 49% controlling interest in the team in 2017 for $1 billion. Two years later, he acquired the remaining 51% from Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov in a sale reportedly valued at $2.35 billion — a record price for a sports franchise.

Webull, a subsidiary of Chinese holding company Fumi Technology, is valued at $1 billion, per PitchBook.

Copy Link
Link Copied
Link Copied

What to Read

Nick Saban highest paid college football head coach.

Who Is Highest-Paid Coach in College Football?

Saban remains atop highest-paid head coaches getting over $11 million annually.

Barclays Center Finances Struggling In Competitive NY Arena Market

Brooklyn venue faces fierce competition in crowded New York market

NHL’s Chris Foster on Amplifying Content Distribution With Automation

Learn how the NHL is using WSC Sports to increase fan engagement.

How Daktronics Helps Elite Athletic Programs Secure Top Talent

How colleges are utilizing Daktronics' displays to elevate recruiting.
podcast thumbnail mobile
Front Office Sports Today

CFP Selection Turns Heads with Controversial Selection


Featured Today

The College Football Playoff is considering rotating TV networks for the national championship game.

CFP Considers Super Bowl-Like Rotation For National Championship Game

Multiple networks could share rights to the championship game, sources told FOS.
Brett Favre
November 27, 2023

Favre Welfare Case Hold-Up? "AG’s Office Has Not Expressed Interest In Pursuing"

The DOJ interviewed Brett Favre in early 2020.
The future of the Pac-12 rests on a court decision.
November 24, 2023

The Pac-12 Plays Its Final Regular-Season Game. Then A Court Decides Its Fate.

The conference's future rests with a court decision.
Lane Kiffin
November 9, 2023

Ole Miss, Lane Kiffin Lawyers Argue for Dismissal of Player Lawsuit

FOS obtained audio of Lane Kiffin's interaction with the player behind lawsuit.


Powered By

Careers in Sports

Looking for a new job? Check out these featured listings and search for openings all over the world.
Multiple - USA Careers
Live Nation
Multiple - USA Careers
Saco Bay PT
Multiple - USA Careers
PFL Bellator

PFL Completes Acquisition of Bellator, Readies to Challenge UFC

“Today, the MMA market changed,” PFL Founder Donn Davis said.
CAA logo on side on building
November 13, 2023

CAA Forms Sports-Focused Investment Bank In Continued Expansion Push

Powerhouse agency looks to further expand dealmaking capabilities
November 14, 2023

German Soccer Pushing $1.1B Rights Deal To Private Equity Investors

Governing body mounting third attempt for outside investment

NHL’s Chris Foster on Amplifying Content Distribution With Automation

Learn how the NHL is using WSC Sports to increase fan engagement.
Mercedes-AMG Petronas driver George Russell drives on the track during the Formula One Las Vegas Grand Prix Launch Party at Las Vegas Strip.
November 10, 2023

Ticket, Hotel Prices Plummet As Las Vegas GP Nears

Lack of competitive drama for F1 event fuels market crash
November 9, 2023

McMahon Selling $713M In TKO Stock, CEO Emanuel Could Be A Buyer

Bombshell announcement to bring big changes to company's ownership structure
San Diego Padres shortstop Xander Bogaerts wears the ALS Lou Gehrig Day and Motorola patches during a game against the Chicago Cubs at Petco Park.
November 8, 2023

Major U.S. Sports Leagues Pull In Record $6.7B in Ad Revenue

Major U.S. sports leagues and teams saw big increases in ad revenues.
November 8, 2023

Sports A Bright Spot For Endeavor Amid Ongoing Turbulence

Majority interest in TKO, PBR fuel notable gains for company