Fall Guys has continued to rock the video game industry as it was the top-selling PC game in August, as well the No. 2 gaming category on Twitch. Overall, the video game industry has maintained its torrid 2020 pace spurred by the pandemic.
Digital gaming global revenue reached $82.8 billion through August, a 13% increase year-over-year, according to Nielsen. Twitch is back on the upswing after a June and July dip following the height of stay-at-home orders.
In the U.S., video game sales jumped 37% year-over-year in August. Game sales in the U.S. are up 22% through the first eight months of the year.
Video Game Fast Facts:
- August global digital games revenue: $10.8 billion, 16% year-over-year growth
- August U.S. video game revenue: $3.3 billion
- Premium sports games global revenue: $321 million
- Twitch August hours watched: 1.47 billion, 57% year-over-year growth
- Fall Guys August hours watched: 106 million