Prominent tech executives are the latest investors to signal faith in cricket’s U.S. viability.
More than 20 investors, including a Bollywood superstar, have now bought into American Cricket Enterprise, parent company to America’s first professional cricket league: Major League Cricket.
The latest investors in Major League Cricket include:
- Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO
- Shantanu Narayen, Adobe CEO
- Amit Singhal, head of Google Search
- Soma Somasegar, Madrona Venture Group managing partner
- Neeraj Arora, former chief business officer at Whatsapp
- Aditya Agarwal, former Facebook CTO
USA Cricket, cricket’s governing body in the U.S., invested $1 billion in the upstart league last year through a larger partnership with ACE.
Last month, MLC announced a strategic investment from actor Shah Rukh Khan and his Knight Riders Group, which already owns one of the most popular cricket teams in the world. The league also announced plans for its first stadium.