In honor of baseball season starting again, we decided to take a look at our top ten caps for all of Minor League Baseball
In honor of baseball season starting again, we decided to take a look at our top ten caps for all of Minor League Baseball this week. Click here to see our rankings for single-A, here for double-A and here for triple-A. Thank you for following along throughout the past month and let us know what your favorite minor league caps are!
If you see a hat you need to add to your collection, click on the team name and it’ll take you to the online team store!
All photos are from the team websites.
10. Montgomery Biscuits: This hat perfectly embodies minor league baseball. This is one of the goofier mascots, but that’s what makes the minors leagues so fun. You can currently pre-order a hat that looks like their mascot, which would’ve been my number one choice if available, and I think that’s the coolest thing ever. (Meaghan)
Lexington Legends: This cap is unlike any I’ve ever seen. It’s just a picture of their mascot’s mustache and it’s so simple, which makes it awesome and unforgettable. (Kelsey)
9. Lansing Lugnuts: No word on whether or not pitchers who wear this hat have mastered the screwball. (Meaghan)
Lake Elsinore Storm: This black and red cap demands your attention and then holds it as the eyes just look straight into your soul. (Kelsey)
8. Modesto Nuts: Instead of buying some peanuts and cracker jacks, I’d just like to buy this hat. It’s simple, awesome, and kind of makes me giggle. (Meaghan)
Nashville Sounds: Nashville is the country music capital of the world and the Sounds take full advantage of this. Their name says it all but I love the “country” style “N” with the guitar pick in the background. It shows that they’re a true part of the city. (Kelsey)
7. Cedar Rapids Kernels: It’s a husk of corn that looks like a baseball bat and has a hat on. Need I say more? (Meaghan)
Frisco RoughRiders: Sometimes you have to put a former president on your cap to send the message. Teddy Roosevelt is the only president (to my recollection) that is part of a branding scheme for a sports team. It’s a really simple design but looks so sharp, while going back into American history. (Kelsey)
6. Lexington Legends: This hat is legen-wait for it- DARY! (Sorry, had to). I love the simplicity of just using the mustache from their mascot, Big L. It’s a bold, different, and stands out, especially with the colors they used. (Meaghan)
Richmond Flying Squirrels: The red and black color scheme looks great and I like how the squirrel is extremely big on the front of the hat. My favorite part about it is the little “R” on his chest. (Kelsey)
5. Biloxi Shuckers: I love lighthouses, so I love that Biloxi has one on their hat. The cursive letter ‘B’ works perfectly with the waves, too. (Meaghan)
Salem Keizer Volcanos: I’m not sure what it is about this hat, I just like the warm, fire theme it has. The simplistic volcano logo just spoke to me. (Kelsey)
4. Lehigh Valley IronPigs: Lehigh Valley is #TeamBacon and has a whole line of bacon themed apparel. They go head-to-head with the Fresno Grizzlies, who do the same thing for tacos. It’s extremely creative and you can actually vote here for what side you’re on. (Kelsey)
New Orleans Babycakes: After the controversial rebrand this offseason, New Orleans came out with some cool new swag. I really like this hat because the ‘O’ for Orleans is a cake and it has a crown on it, thus making it a king cake. It perfectly embodies the New Orleans spirit. (Meaghan)
3. Fresno Grizzlies: Speaking of voting, I’m always #TeamTacos! (Kelsey)
Lehigh Valley IronPigs: Another hat that’s part of a “special occasion” uniform combo. Every Saturday, the IronPigs go with their bacon-themed ensemble and I love it. Incorporating the popular breakfast food into their branding is brilliant. It’s definitely a hat I need in my collection. (Meaghan)
2. Fresno Grizzlies/Tacos: I know it’s a special occasion hat, but I love that the Grizzlies become the Tacos every Tuesday. The whole marketing concept behind it is genius. Plus, who wouldn’t want to wear a hat that has a taco on it? (Meaghan)
West Virginia Black Bears: I’m a sucker for the blue and yellow color scheme, and with the graffiti like “WV,” I couldn’t resist making this my number two hat in all of Minor League Baseball (Kelsey)
1. Chattanooga Lookouts: I. Love. This. Hat. Using the popular eyes emoji is brilliant. Opposing teams beware, Chattanooga has an extra set of eyes on you. (Meaghan)
Montgomery Biscuits: This hat is honestly on my birthday list because there’s nothing like it in all of sports. The color concept plus the little biscuit logo just gets it done. Well done Montgomery! (Kelsey)
Front Office Sports is a leading multi-platform publication and industry resource that covers the intersection of business and sports.
Want us to learn more, or have a story featured about you or your organization? Contact us today.