Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Mookie Betts had the best selling jersey in Major League Baseball in his first season with the team.
Betts, the former Boston Red Sox now in his seventh year in the majors, saw his jersey outsell every other MLB jersey this season since Opening Day, according to MLBShop’s Nike Jersey sales.
In doing so, Betts became the first Dodgers player to finish a season with the most popular player jersey in the Majors since the league started tracking jersey sales rankings in 2010. Betts was traded from Boston to the Dodgers in February, and the team signed the 2018 AL MVP to a 12-year, $365 million deal that runs through the 2032 season.
Betts is followed by fellow superstars Aaron Judge and Bryce Harper. In addition, this is the first time two members of the San Diego Padres have finished the season on the list.
Judge had the top-selling uniform in the majors for three straight years before being supplanted by Betts.
Eleven different teams saw players finish in the top 20, with the New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs both having three players make the list.
MLB Top Selling Player Jerseys of the 2020 Season:
- Mookie Betts, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Aaron Judge, New York Yankees
- Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
- Fernando Tatis Jr., San Diego Padres
- Juan Soto, Washington Nationals
- Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Max Scherzer, Washington Nationals
- Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Ronald Acuña Jr., Atlanta Braves
- Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers
- Manny Machado, San Diego Padres
- Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
- Giancarlo Stanton, New York Yankees
- Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
- Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
- Gerrit Cole, New York Yankees
- Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves