As the NBA Board of Governors approved the 22-team return to play plan at Disney World, they also worked out the schedule:
- June 30: Training Camp Starts
- July 7: Teams Travel to Orlando
- July 31: Season Resumes
- Oct. 12: Potential NBA Finals Game 7
- Oct. 15: 2020 NBA Draft
- Oct. 18: Free Agency Begins
- Nov. 10: Training Camp Target for 2020-21 Season
- Dec. 12: Opening Night Target for 2020-21 Season
Other Sports Updates:
- Opening Day at New York’s Belmont Park welcomed horse racing back with a record-breaking betting handle of $10,972,254, besting 2010’s $10.7 million. Last year’s nine-race opening day generated a handle of $5.4 million. The track will be the first leg of the Triple Crown for the first time ever when the Belmont Stakes is run on June 20.
- The National Lacrosse League will not complete the 2019-20 season and instead focus on the 2020-21 season, its 35th.
- MLB TV and radio announcers will broadcast road games from local broadcast studios or home ballparks – if there’s a season.
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbot said Texas stadiums can operate at 50% capacity – a week after he said they could operate at 25%.