Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy’s new technology-focused sports company will have to build a large conference room.
TMRW Sports announced a lengthy who’s who of famous faces as “strategic investors” Wednesday morning, a constellation of sports celebrities with a combined social media reach of nearly 500 million across Twitter and Instagram.
- Tennis stars Serena Williams and Andy Murray
- The NFL’s Josh Allen, former stars Tony Romo and Larry Fitzgerald
- The NBA’s Steph Curry and Chris Paul, and the WNBA’s Diana Taurasi
- MLB’s Shohei Ohtani and Trea Turner
- The NWSL’s Alex Morgan, F1’s Lewis Hamilton, NHL great Sidney Crosby, Justin Timberlake, and gamer Ninja.
Connect Ventures and 25madison co-led the institutional investment round. Stephen Price, the latter’s CEO, said it was a “no-brainer” to invest his money: “Tiger, Rory, and Mike (McCarley) are all titans of both golf and business.”
TMRW (pronounced “tomorrow”) investors include Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank, Boston Red Sox owner John Henry, and Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren, as well as Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian.
In August, Woods, McIlroy, and McCarley unveiled TGL, a new golf league that will operate in partnership with the PGA Tour and debut in January 2024.
TMRW’s tech-infused golf league is viewed as a potential “Monday Night Football” for golf — with six teams of three playing in a 15-event series of two-hour virtual competitions.