Tennis remains the most lucrative sport for women as nine of the top 10 highest-paid female athletes of 2020 make their living playing the sport.
Naomi Osaka leads the list, making $34 million through 15 endorsement partners, including Procter & Gamble, All Nippon Airways and Nissin. Roger Federer was the only tennis player of either gender to earn more money than Osaka through endorsements.
Soccer player Alex Morgan is the lone non-tennis player in the top 10, bringing in all but $400,000 of her $4.6 million through endorsements, including partnerships with Nike, Coca-Cola and Volkswagen. Fellow USWNT player Megan Rapinoe finished just outside the top ten with an estimated $4.2 million in total earnings.
Top 10 Highest Paid Female Athletes:
- Naomi Osaka: $37.4 million
- Serena Williams: $36 million
- Ashleigh Barty: $13.1 million
- Simona Halep: $10.9 million
- Bianca Andreescu: $8.9 million
- Garbine Muguruza: $6.6 million
- Elina Svitolina: $6.4 million
- Sofia Kenin: $5.8 million
- Angelique Kerber: $5.3 million
- Alex Morgan: $4.6 million