• Loading stock data...
Friday, July 19, 2024
Join us this September for Tuned In Request to Attend

Kansas Players Participate in NIL-Powered Victory Tour

  • Kansas men's players are cashing in on their national championship with a victory tour.
  • The athletes will get a percentage of ticket revenue and all the money from auction items.
Stephen Lew-USA TODAY Sports

The March Madness stage has already provided major name, image, and likeness opportunities, from cashing in on Cinderella moments to promoting a clothing line during a post-game interview.

Now, Kansas men’s players will be able to make money off their national title. 

Team members will participate in a statewide victory tour put together by 6th Man Strategies, which has represented the entire team’s NIL activities since October 2021.

The “Barnstorming Tour,” announced on Friday, will commence at Wichita East High School on April 23. Players will sign autographs and host a Q&A session, a skills training camp, and a VIP dinner.

Tickets range from $30 to $125 each — depending on whether fans want to break bread with players.

Players will receive 70% of the ticket revenue, with the other 30% going to host facilities, CEO of 6th Man Strategies’ Matt Baty told Front Office Sports. Players will also get 100% of the revenue from auction items. 

“I hope the community turns out for these guys the way they did for us fans this March,” Baty said in a statement. And this time, instead of funneling money to the NCAA, the proceeds will go directly to players.

Linkedin
Whatsapp
Copy Link
Link Copied
Link Copied

What to Read

The Mississippi Department of Human Services on Monday sued retired NFL quarterback Brett Favre along with several other people and businesses to try to recover millions of misspent welfare dollars that were intended to help some of the poorest people in the U.S.

Judge in Mississippi Welfare Case Boots Brett Favre’s Lead Lawyer

The judge wrote he had a ‘pattern and practice of delicate deception.’

‘Where’s truTV?’ March Madness Channel Is Now TNT Sports’ New Star

Warner Bros. Discovery will make its sports emphasis on truTV ‘even more pronounced and consistent.’

Missouri Steps Up Efforts to Keep Chiefs, Royals From Moving to Kansas

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson is getting personally involved in efforts to retain the two local pro teams.
Sponsored

TopSpin 2K25 Brings the Legends of Tennis to Your Living Room

2K sports is reviving a classic with TopSpin 2K25.
podcast thumbnail mobile
Front Office Sports Today

‘EA Sports College Football 25’: It’s More Than a Game

0:00

Featured Today

Jan 7, 2024; Nashville, Tennessee, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Calvin Ridley (0) reacts after scoring a touchdown against the Tennessee Titans during the first half at Nissan Stadium.
July 14, 2024

Without Hard-Line Bans, Pro Athletes and Personnel Will Keep Betting on Sports

Penalties often aren’t stringent or consistent enough to deter banned behavior.
Oct 2, 2021; Miami Gardens, FL, USA; NFL commissioner Roger Goddell speaks during the Don Shula Celebration of Life at Hard Rock Stadium.
July 13, 2024

The NFL Is Confident It Can Overturn the Sunday Ticket Verdict

The league may have good reason to believe it can win.
July 8, 2024

NFLPA Report Cards Have Become the ‘Talk of the Locker Room’ Across..

NFLPA report cards have become the ‘talk of the locker room.’

Mets Owner Buys Chunk of Knicks Owner’s Las Vegas Sphere

Cohen made the investment through his hedge fund, Point72.
May 20, 2024

Fanatics Sues Marvin Harrison Jr., Says He Leaked ‘Misleading’ Info to ESPN

Harrison’s side says the two sides don’t have a contract, which Fanatics disputes.
Sep 10, 2023; Flushing, NY, USA; Novak Djokovic of Serbia reacts towards his player's box during a changeover against Daniil Medvedev (not pictured) in the men's singles final on day fourteen of the 2023 U.S. Open tennis tournament at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
May 29, 2024

Ticketmaster Causes Eras Tour–Like Disappointment in Tennis, One Week After DOJ Lawsuit

Tennis fans struggled to get tickets during the US Open presale.
Sponsored

TopSpin 2K25 Brings the Legends of Tennis to Your Living Room

2K sports is reviving a classic with TopSpin 2K25.
April 19, 2024

Nike Cuts Over 700 Jobs In Second Phase of Layoffs

“Nike’s always at our best when we’re on the offense,” the company says.
March 1, 2024

The Next Women’s Sports Bar Is Inspired by Tennis’s Barrier Breaker

Althea Gibson is the namesake for a bar opening in New York.
December 28, 2023

2023 In Review: U.S. Sports Betting Goes Full Tilt

The arrival of ESPN Bet and Fanatics Sportsbook highlights a year of transformation for the business.
Fanatics is buying auction marketplace PWCC.
December 14, 2023

Trading Card Wars Unfold As Panini and Fanatics Clash in Legal Battles

Fanatics and Panini are embroiled in a lawsuit.