Rising 25 Award
Established in 2017, the Front Office Sports Rising 25 Award was created to honor up and comers in working in sports business. To date, we’ve honored 100 individuals and will add another 25 young professionals from around the world this summer.
In celebration of the next class of winners, who were born in the mid-90s, Front Office Sports will pay homage to a decade filled with unforgettable sporting moments. Think the 1992 Dream Team, Tiger winning his first major, U.S. Women’s World Cup victory, Michael Jordan’s retirement and Derek Jeter’s first season with the New York Yankees.
As we continue to navigate the pandemic, we look forward to celebrating the class of 2021 later in the year. Event details will be announced at a later date.
- Nominations must be submitted by no later than March 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET
- Eligibility: All nominees must have been born on or after March 23, 1995
Winners are selected through two rounds of judging.
- Round 1: FOS staff review, resulting in 50 semi-finalists
- Round 2: Panel of ten judges reviews 50 semi-finalists and selects the 25 winners
During the judging process, a variety of factors are weighed to determine whether a nominee should be a Rising 25 winner, including but not limited to:
- Size & scope of work responsibilities
- Accomplishments over their school or professional career up to this point
- Leadership roles
- Activities outside of work – professional organizations, volunteering, etc.
- The scope of influence within their area of expertise
- Specific business results driven by ideas/execution of the nominee
All nomination information is kept private. No member of Front Office Sports is eligible to win. Only the winners of the award will be notified.
Associate Athletic Director, SOAR/ Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer,
Rice University R25 '17
Senior Director of Strategy, United Soccer League
Senior Director of Global Basketball Brand Communications, adidas
Head of U.S. Sports Marketing, Anheuser-Busch
Marketing Manager, Coolray Heating & Air Conditioning, R25 '19
Head of Corporate Partnerships, MGM Resorts
Senior Manager, The Collective, Wasserman
Digital Platform Manager,
New York Knicks, R25 '18
GumGum Sports, R25, '20
How old does the nominee need to be to win the award
25 and under (Born on or after March 23, 1995).
Can I nominate myself?
No. All nominations must be filled out by someone other than the person being nominated.
When are nominations for the award open until?
Nominations are open from February 22 - March 23, 2021.
Send an email to email@example.com.
When will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by the week of April 26, 2021 and publicly announced in May.